Mr. Mihai GRIBINCEA was appointed as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Moldova to Romania, by a decree of the President of the Republic of Moldova, Mr. Nicolae Timofti, on November 5, 2015. Before, Mr. Gribincea acted as Ambassador of the Republic of Moldova to the Kingdom of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and Head of mission to NATO.
Between 2001 and 2010 worked as a political adviser to the OSCE High Commissioner for National Minorities (HCNM), based in Hague, the Netherlands. Prior to joining HCNM, Mr. Gribincea worked for the UN Mission in East Timor (1999-2001) and for the OSCE Missions in Georgia (1996-1997) and Croatia (1999). In 1992 - 1998 was employed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the Republic of Moldova. His last position in the MFA was Head of the Department of European Security and Political-Military Affairs. Between 1993 and 1994 worked at the Embassy of the Republic of Moldova in the Russian Federation.
Studies: the Faculty of History at the State University of Moldova (Chisinau,1986), the Faculty of International Relations at the National School of Political and Administrative Studies in Bucharest (1992). PhD in history at the University of Bucharest (1995).
Shows an interest in the history of Moldova and military and security issues.
Was born in Mingir village, Hâncești district, Republic of Moldova.
Married, one child
Foreign languages: Russian, English
Main Publications :
- Transdniestrian Conflict. Collection of Documents and Materials. Vol.1 (1989-1993) , Chisinau, 2012. Co- author. 600 pages.
- Transdniestrian Conflict. Collection of Documents and Materials. Vol.2 (1994-2002) , Chisinau, 2013. Co- author. 640 pages.
- Transdniestrian Conflict. Collection of Documents and Materials. Vol.3 (2003-2006) , Chisinau, 2014. Co- author. 636 pages.
- Transdniestrian Conflict. Collection of Documents and Materials. Vol.4 (2003-2006) , Chisinau, 2014. Co- author. 654 pages.
- Russian Troops in the Republic of Moldova. Collection of Documents and Materials, Chisinau, Litera, (in Romanian) Co- author.
- The Policy of Moldavianization in Moldavian ASSR: Collection of Documents and Materials, Chisinau, Civitas, 2004 (in Romanian) Co- author.
- Russian Policy on Military Bases: Georgia and Moldova (Cluj-Napoca, 2001), in English
- Russian Policy on Military Bases: Moldova and Georgia (Chisinau, 1999), in Romanian
- Russian Troops in Moldova: Stability Factor or Source of Threat? (Chisinau, 1998), in Romanian.
- Agricultural Collectivisation in Moldavia: Bessarabia During Stalinism, 1944-1950 (NY: East European Monographs, No. 438, 1996), in English.
- Bessarabia in the First Years Under Soviet Occupation, 1944-1950 (Culj-Napoca, 1995), in Romanian
- The Hunger of 1946-1947 in Moldova: Collection of Documents (Chisinau 1993), in Russian. Co-author.
- Report on Mass Population Transfers in the Soviet Moldova (Chisinau 1999), in English. (The study was prepared with the support of UNHCR Moldova to be submitted to the CIS Conference Follow-Up
Process, Fourth Steering Group Meeting of 24-27 June 1999)